IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL
Peppermill Resort --Reno, NV
February 7-11, 2022
- Link to the 69th Annual Meeting of TWS-WS-Whova Meeting Website: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/amot_202202/
- Whova content will be available through August 11, 2022
- The 2022 Annual Meeting will be powered by the Whova App. Registrants will be emailed their Whova access code at the email address used for their registration. Sign on early to build your personalized agenda and to start networking and engaging with Western Widlifers. It’s going to be a great week!
- If you need assistance getting logged in to Whova, email email@example.com.
- All registrants will have virtual access through the Whova app.
Regarding Covid 19 We will follow all safety protocols as required by the State of California, the State of Nevada, and the CDC.
The guidance currently requires that everyone must wear a mask at all times while indoors, except when eating or drinking. The guidance may change and we will communicate any changes as they happen.
We will require participants to be ‘fully vaccinated’ as defined by the CDC. .
Peppermill has installed 30 plasma air generators and air purification units that produce an all-natural bipolar ionization that significantly improves the air quality. These units neutralize odors, cigarette smoke, allergens, bacteria and airborne irritants and inhibit organic compounds found in carpet, furniture and cleaning agents. 22 Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERVs) have been placed throughout the property. These ERVs introduce 123,400 CFM of fresh air into the environment, rather than simply recycling the existing air. The Peppermill was recognized by the American Lung Association for air quality and purification efforts.
Why Attend the Western Section Annual Meeting?
- Two Audiences –> One platform. In-person and remote attendees can access the same features and experience
- All presentations and sessions will be livestreamed
- All presentations and sessions will also be recorded for online viewing anytime over the next 6 months
- Valuable Networking for In-Person and Remote Attendees
- In-Person attendees are welcome to join virtual-only sessions, the hotel offers free wireless internet in guest rooms!
- Stimulating Wildlife Science: Three Captivating General Sessions! Wednesday Keynote, Thursday Plenary & Friday Capstone
- Interactive Scientific Technical Sessions with Moderated Discussion Sessions
- Scientific Poster Session – In-Person Poster Reception and Online Virtual Q&A
- Roundtable Small Group Discussions – Virtual and In-Person, 3 days!
- Career Workshops & Mentoring
- Exhibit Hall with Digital and Virtual Booths
- Working Group Meetings
- Whova App – Engage and Interact with ALL attendees
- Student Quiz Bowl
- Wildlife Trivia Night with Raffle and More!
- Welcome Reception with Student Professional Mixer, Wildlife Photo Slideshow and Wildlife Tshirt Contest
- Western Section Swag – Pickup in Reno, or we will mail to virtual participants
- Games and Prizes
- We have reserved the entirely smoke-free Tuscany Ballroom for our meeting and we hope you will join us!
Candace Renger, Meeting Planner & Project Manager